Hi guys, trust you all are well.
At the beginning of the year, one of my new year goal was to travel somewhere new before the year runs out, and to be honest with you I haven’t stopped thinking about this since then, but you know I just realized 6 months have passed already just like that without me even make any plans or moves towards this at all.
I just got thinking of the benefits I could get from just taking a vacation, I mean going somewhere new and to be honest this inspired me, I thought to share with you so it could inspire you too. I wrote out a list of 15 things reasons why you should travel somewhere new ASAP.
- You deserve that break, yes you do. After all the work, you deserve to rest and chill a bit.
- Travel is one of the most effective forms of education. You remember when we were in school, we usually go on field trips and excursions mostly to see what we were taught in class.
- Travelling makes you Happy.
- Makes you see the world from a different point of view.
- You get to push your limits.
- Helps you reflect.
- You helps develop your inner confidence.
- You make great and unforgettable memories.
- Traveling helps you relax and alleviate stress.
- You get to appreciate family and home better (they say distance makes the heart grow fonder)
- You make new friends.
- You get to learn a new language.
- Travel leaves a lifetime effect on you.
- There is just so much in the world to be seen, so why stay in one place for the rest of your life.
- You meet other travelers with like minds- you never can tell where you’ll meet a travel buddy or even a potential partner.
With all these been said, you need to know that you do not need so much to travel, you do not need to travel to another continent if you cannot afford it, you don’t even need to have so much money. You could decide to start with some states within your country you’ve never been to before, we have 36 states in Nigeria and there are so many adults that haven’t been to any state other than their state of birth. Try somewhere new, explore your country then you can gradually start to explore other African countries and the wider world. If you can afford to travel far enough to a more expensive place, why not. Learn something new, eat a new food, learn a new culture and have fun, which is the most important part of it all. Enjoy and have fun.
Till next time…..love Damilima